Monday 18 July 2011

Second Assessment

I have Polyps.

Today marked the 13th day of my cycle. The scan shows a polyp of 8.1mm which needs to be removed. I am shocked, beyond words. I remained calm for hubby but deep in my heart...really God? Another test? Hmmmmm....I will be posting the pic of my polyps soon. I am still trying to figure out how to do so using iPad!

According to Dr Prashant, we need to remove the polyp in order to increase the chance of the success rate of our IVF procedure. If you want to know a short summary about polyp, I found the article below very useful :)

http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/health/article/Ask-the-Mayo-Clinic-Is-polyp-removal-dangerous-1286504.php

I have booked for the Hysteroscopy to be done in September, hopefully a week before IVF. Why so close to IVF? Per Dr Prashant, the polyp could relapse. So best to wait until near the time before IVF.

For myself, I will be taking a break from TTC. Hubby and I are going traveling for a month. We need to get away from all these :) insyaAllah we will take full advantage of the coming Ramadhan. By the way, my summary for july :

1) I have polyps
2) My sister miscarriaged her twins
3) My other sister has cyst

Hoping it will be a better month next week, Amin!

Btw the cost for today is RM160

No comments:

Post a Comment