Wednesday 25 April 2012

26 weeks

The waiting time at Pantai was horrendous today, 1.5 hours to be exact! Thank God baby is doing good. Dr Premitha has suggested that I go for antenatal classes soon. I've now registered for the classes. Other than that, my visit to Pantai has been increased to once every 3 weeks. That is good because I get to see my baby more frequently. Until now, I still haven't seen his face! :( I received an email from Dr Prashant asking how am I doing. How nice of him! Thanks Doc for checking. If only he can be the one who helps me to deliver... Anyway, to date, my only complication is coccyx pain. I have trouble sitting down as my tailbone hurts badly when it touches any type of surface. I have been referred to see Dr Kok, an orthopedic at Pantai. He told me nothing can be done since I am pregnant. The pain in unusual but it is probably the side effect of me falling from a one story building 11 years ago ;) I am now using a rubber ring and a massive nursing pillow to sit on any type of chairs. Now I know that it is tough being a mother ;) I now look forward to my 29 weeks app as I am now officially in my third trimester. Thank you God for this wonderful experience!

3 comments:

  1. I suffered from coccyx pain too, but not during pregnancy. It happenned when the baby was pushed through the birth canal during vaginal delivery. The pain was awful. Was referred to an orthopedic but was told things will improve by itself in a few weeks time, no medication can be prescribed because I am breastfeeding. The condition has slowly improved, though not entirely. Pregnancy and parenthood needs a lot of preserverence and patience. After all, they make us stronger, mentally. Gambateh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done minzy! Look fwd to read your birth experience :) coccyx pain is horrible! But glad yours has subsided. How is your son doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, my coccyx pain is still there. I think to be fully recover, I shall need a lot of rest, which is totally impossible with a new born at home now! Not to scare you, I only have like 3 hour sleep per day (not per nite!) for the past 1 month:) I do not have too many helping hands at home, I truly hope you do! But not to worry, the joy of having your own baby will override the tireness! I am glad that you have safely landing on yout 3rd trimester, take care and have as much sleep as you can now!

      Delete