Friday 8 July 2011

First Assessment

My cycle this month is 41 days! Around day 38, I actually thought of the possibility that I might be pregnant. How I wished that was true! But deep in my heart, I know that the possibility is remote. So come day 41, I bravely called Nurse H to schedule my appointment with Dr Prashant. Appointment set on 08072011 :)

The clinic is packed today. I walked in and started feeling uneasy. I have never done a scan during my period! I soooo hope it wouldn't get messy. We waited about 20 minutes before the Nurse called my name. Yeay, my turn!

Dr Prashant discussed with us about the procedure for today for about 5 minutes and then instructed me to go to the scanning room. To my relief, I only have one dot today....so it was not too messy ;) the scan was beautiful according to him! I have 8 eggs on one side and 7 eggs on the other side. The eggs looks amazing in my eyes. I couldn't forget the way the eggs move....I might sound like a crazy woman now but I was beyond relief when I heard that I have soo many eggs! The next step...blood test!

I hate needles, blood! Urghhhh! I was so scared and felt like throwing out but hubby was there throughout the whole process. So it was not so bad....we did the blood test at level 3A. I will be back to see Dr Prashant on the 18th of this month. I look forward to my next visit! I can't wait to get the process started...let's hope and pray my blood test shows a good result and that I am a good candidate for IVF :)

And Dr prescribed me with Tamoxifen to be taken for 5 days. The pills are supposed to help me with my ovulation. Since my cycle is unpredictable, seems like a wise decision.

Total cost for our visit today is RM530.

No comments:

Post a Comment