Friday 4 November 2011

IVF - 5dpt3dt

Hello,

I am approaching day 6 of my 2 weeks wait. Time flies pretty quick. We went to see Dr Prashant today. The wait was longer than usual, it was an hour wait. Dr P did a quick scan on my uterus and ovaries, the scan was on my tummy, so pants on ;) Uterus looks ok despite my worry about the leaking progesterone. My left ovary is bigger than my right but that is normal as I probably have more eggs in my left ovary. We froze 3 of my embryos, 8 cells which are of great qualities. My meeting with Dr Prashant was brief. If this cycle fails, I can start FET in January 2012...I'm staying positive but I have to prepare for the worst too.

Dr P prescribe me with Progynova 2 tablets a day :) Progynova is a synthetic hormone replacement for oestrogen. It is used to build up the lining of the uterus in preparation for embryo transfer or after ET. Side effects are uncommon, but breast tenderness, gastric upset, nausea, headaches and an increase in bodyweight have been reported. We shall wait n see :)

My 2 weeks wait so far. No symptom at all. Well, yes, still minor lower abdominal pain but I know that is from the eggs retrieval. I actually felt like I'm going to get my menses. I was reading online about other people's experience but for me, nothing. The only feeling is gassy. I actually have been farting like crazy (blush!). Pity hubby ;) but again, that is the side effect from ER. So to report, no symptom pointing towards pregnancy. I am so sad. I never fall pregnant but not even getting the chance to feel pregnant... :(

I will write again soon, until then Selamat Hari Raya Haji to my Muslim readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment