Wednesday 8 June 2011

Decision Time!

Since the last 10months, we have tried various medications which include Tribestan, Vitamins C, E, zinc, folic acid and fertility blend for both men and women. Results? No pregnancy. We will be doing our second semen analysis tomorrow...I am hoping Hubby's sperm count has increased. It will be good for his confidence.

Yesterday, the 7th of June 2011, we have both decided to go for Assisted Reproduction programme. We consulted my mother, the only third person who knows about our problem so far. This is not a kind of illness that you would want to share with the whole world. Mom is very supportive. We wished we could tell the rest of our family members but we are not ready. I started googling the best clinics and hospitals....we finally decided on KL Fertility Clinic and will be seeing Dr Prashant Nadkarni next week.

I visited the clinic alone yesterday to register and to get the pot for our SA. The clinic was packed, I saw 3 Malay couples, 3 Indians and 2 Chinese. They were all in their 30s. I was probably the youngest patient at the clinic. Everyone avoided each other's eyes...probably embarrassed. It felt weird but I like the ambience at the clinic. The Nurse, let's just call her Nurse H has been very helpful. Visit 1 - no negative feeling!

My advise for choosing the right clinic is, please consider the 3 things below:

1) the distance from your house. The nearer the better.
2) the doctor! I shall write more on this next week when I see my Dr on the 15th
3) the ambience. I am ok with KL Fertility so far.

We are both very excited about the process but nervous and scared at the same time. I am very inclined towards IUI, hoping we don't have to go for IVF which is very invasive and expensive.

I am praying to God to give us stregth to go through the process....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the complete details of IVf centre Punjab by clinics on this link

    ReplyDelete