Sunday 16 October 2011

Blood Test


My weekend started with a blood test to check on my hormone level. So hubby and i went to the clinic at 9am on Saturday morning, looking very sleepy. Finished everything in 15 minutes and made our way to Village Park for the best nasi lemak in town :)

While we were there, Nurse H called and told us that the result is good and as expected. We can start our first IVF injection on Wednesday. Good to know we can finally start. Hopefully all will go well, insyaAllah.

Today in Sunday and i am down with flu. Seriously frustrated! i have been drinking lots of water to make sure i am fit to start our ivf this Wednesday. I blame my hectic badminton and swimming session yesterday! Swimming in the rain is not good for health and i was stupid enough to jump into the pool.

Lesson for today - No swimming before IVF

7 comments:

  1. Hello...good luck with your upcoming IVF. Just to share with you, I am also seeing Dr.P and I just did my IVF but unfortunately, I couldn't do the transfer because my hormone was all over the place. On a positive note, we manage to freeze my eggs and the transfer will be in the next few weeks depending on my natural cycle. Insyaallah, hopefully all will go well..:)Btw, if you need any advice, I will be happy to help you...Good luck for Wed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many obstacles kan? Glad they manage to freeze your eggs, u are very lucky :) I have no experience with IVF yet but I'm hoping for the best. Any tips? Do u have a Blog? :) I wonder how is it possible that your hormone is all over the place? I guess the IVF injections are quite heavy for our body...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you..I am very lucky...:) Hopefully the transfer will go well and no more postponing the procedure.

    I was also down with the flu when I first started the jab. I went to the clinic and I sms Dr.P's clinic all the medication that I was given. So if you are going to be on medication, I would suggest you ask Dr.P first.

    As for tips, icing the area before you jab helps a lot!!!..Don't drink coffee and don't be around smokers..Dr. P asked me to take Vitamin D and folic acid. Don't stress yourself and don't over exercise.(don't swin in the rain..:))

    A few days after you start the jab, you will feel a bit bloated. It was a very uncomfortable feeling but manageable..As for my moods, I think i was ok..No mood swing, no irritation, no grumpiness..:)

    Unfortunately, I don't have a blog but I'll definitely drop by your page to check on you..:) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm very excited to hear you will be on your IVF way. Hope you are feeling better today. There's a bug going around so load up on those Vit C :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips ladies! :) well excited now but nervous too.

    Markylady - pls update me on your procedure k. We might start around the same time :)

    Ezria - I read your blog. You can write really well :) if Ada rezeki my IVF successful, might need the PB after give birth kan hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely!! For the first time I cannot wait for Aunt Flo to come...hahahahah...Good luck tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insya Allah everything will go well. My doa for you :) Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the compliment. Now you know where to get your PB ;)

    ReplyDelete