Sunday 23 October 2011

IVF - Fifth Injection

Good afternoon everyone :)

I had breakfast with my girlfriends at 830 today. While hubby was still in dreamland, I crawled out of bed and drove to TTDI. It feels good to see them even though they had no idea about my IVF. Only my family members know about my IVF anyway. How odd, one of them mentioned a colleague of hers who is 42 years old, went through IVF and now pregnant with triplets and another girl at 32 is pregnant via IVF too. I listen with great interest but kept the extra thrill for the 2 ladies to myself :) there are hopes everywhere ladies! :)

Alhamdulillah, I survived 2 jabs today. TWO! For someone who is scared of the needles, I'm pretty proud of myself. The first one was the Puregon, 150 iu which was done on the left side of my tummy and the second one was the Orgalutran 0.25mg, I think, which was done on the right. The first injection was more painful but the effect of the second jab was stronger.

Dr P was around as well today. He did a scan of my uterus and the uterus looks good. He also noted 5 eggs on each side of my ovaries. All together about 10 eggs. I was pretty disappointed because I read a few blogs and they all have 15 to 19 eggs. I started thinking whether I am a good candidate for IVF. So depressing! But I think Dr P could read my mind. He said that 10 eggs is good as we don't want to put too much pressure on my ovaries and we do not want to waste the eggs. I am hoping the 10 eggs are healthy eggs...I really hope so. Per Nurse H, if too many eggs, it may cause pain and nausea which are quite severe at later stage. For now, I am going to take the experts words to avoid worrying too much at this stage. I need to be calm :)

Btw sex is safe during IVF, so are spa, waxing, shaving :) I've checked with Dr P!

The expected date of my eggs retrieval is next Saturday and my last injection should be next Thursday. Wow, I'm almost there...Alhamdulillah

I am going to need some rest now. I am starting to sneeze and mild fever has started to kick in. Nurse H did say I may feel extra tired today. I have full plans but cancelled everything except for dinner as I think I should rest in bed today....really need to get better at taking care of myself.

Until tomorrow, have a good weekend everyone!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment