Tuesday 25 October 2011

IVF - Seventh Injections

What a day today...

I went to the clinic for my 2 injections and then went to see Dr Prashant for a quick scan. Glad to see some of my eggs (or do we call them follicles?) are developing well but also disappointed to see some of the eggs not developing. I am a bit worried but Dr Prashant kept on stressing on the importance of quality rather than quantity. That is a relief. Per Dr P, the American ways would prefer generating lots of eggs but the eggs are not of the best qualities. But he prefers the European way which concentrate on quality. I have been given low dose of Puregon of 150 every day but still able to produce a good number of eggs due to my age. Alhamdulillah.

After the scan, I gave Dr Prashant a Deepavali card, well for him and the gang at KL Fertility. Dr P thank me with a big smile on his face :) He then asked me to do a blood test to see my Progestrone level and come back within an hour. I then went to see Nurse H and she said that I could come back before 4pm as I had my facial appointment booked in the afternoon. How nice of her! Before I left the clinic, we went to register for the Eggs Retrieval day administration which could either be on Friday or Saturday, depending on my blood test result. We registered at Level 5, then did a blood test at level 3A before driving straight to Bangsar since Hubby had a meeting and me rushing for my Brazilian wax :)

We came back to the clinic at 330pm and found out that the Progesterone level is at 1.4, which means that the ER will be on Friday. One day earlier than planned! Wow :) Before we left, for the first time, I got to bring home the IVF blue bag which contains the last set of injections for tomorrow - 2 jabs tomorrow. My cousin will help us with the injections since the clinic is close. And oh, my cousin is a Doctor. I don't trust anyone else to do the jobs. Terrible of me, I know!

In total, including tomorrow, I have 8 days of injections. I left the clinic with a big hope, hoping that our ivf will be successful. But I am nervous too. I hope I can handle it if the result is negative....

Anyway, in preparation for our ER, I have booked a day at the spa and mani pedi on Thursday to de-stress myself. Hubby cannot say no to my expensive spending this month and I am going to enjoy every bit of it while I still can ;)

Until tomorrow...I am off to dreamland. HAPPY DEEPAVALI!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment