Thursday 20 October 2011

IVF - Second Injection

I survived the second injection :)

This time, we put some ice around the area for the injection. You are right, hardly feel anything as the area was pretty numb. However, the after effect was not that comfortable. Once the numbness is gone, I could feel the sharp pain near the injection area. Ouch...

To be honest, you cannot avoid the uncomfortable feeling. It is either you feel the pain when you do the injection or 5 minutes after. simple! :)

Btw Dr P is back in the clinic now. He came to say hi to me and gave a quick laugh knowing that I could not do the injection on my own. I get that a lot! ;) I will be seeing him on Saturday. Until then, I have another date at the clinic for my third injection tomorrow..I'm excited!

I had lunch with a friend at Kura, One world today. It ia a very good Japanese restaurant and the price is quite reasonable. I also renewed my passport today. Quite a productive day. And tonight, is dinner with my girlfriends :) it is a good day today, Alhamdulillah!

Btw, I am planning to go for my facial and Brazilian wax next week. Anyone knows whether it is ok to do both while undergoing IVF? Any advice is welcome!

Speak soon!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Hi, you can do facial it's not a problem. Brazilian waxing not sure. They always say waxing is safe even during pregnancy. and if you are used to it, do it sooner than later.

    At least you feel very clean lol

    Wow you are having lots of fun, good distraction for you !

    Tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do whatever you feel like doing now. If you get pregnant (yeah!) next, there are so many things that you will not dare to do according to the old wife's tales, especially during the 1st trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a regular for Brazilian wax. Only on special occasion. But the thought of 10 people looking at your vagina during the transfer is just too much to handle though I will be asleep ;) I'll check with the nurse tomorrow :)

    Ming Sze, agreed! I hope my IVF will be a smooth one. I have so much free time since I'm in between jobs now. New job start next month...bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....just wonder have you thought of how to tell your new employer if you IVF is successful(pray for you!)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i understand your point. I felt very very embarrassed during my ET, to have my legs open and sit like that. But not 10 people ok? only Dr, embryologist and hubby. During egg retrieval, you are under sedation. so don't worry.

    waxing ur private part can be very painful, if your doing it for the first time. but u'll feel very clean after it. Gd luk.

    Did u do it?

    btw don't worry about OHSS. drink plenty of water. at later point you may feel very bloated, as if your tummy is almost gonna burst. still u don't have to worry. You'll naturally recover after a while. jus drink plenty of water. preferably warm water. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I read in one of the blog of Dr P's patient about the 10 people. The less the better! ;) and yes, I've done the B wax a few times before. I've set an appointment next week for the next one :)

    A jug if water is with me all the time now, thanks for the tips...

    Ming Sze - the thought did occur to my mind. But since we have been trying for a baby for over a year now and AF comes every month so far, I don't want to think too much about it. My employer is a big company, I hope they will understand...I am praying for the best :) u read my mind though hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many injections do you have to go through in total? Or, will they determine that on Saturday? I agree, don't worry about the employer. Cross that bridge when the time comes. One thing at a time kan ;) IVF is already a big deal as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea Ezria but starting tomorrow I will need 2 jabs a day. The whole process should take 2 weeks plus another 2 weeks of waiting period for pregnancy test :) I hope we will get a BFP, insyaAllah...

    ReplyDelete